CoreLogic News | Aug 11 2020: Serious delinquency rate could quadruple by end of 2021
CoreLogic News | Feb 1 2021: Delinquencies improving, but could be elevated for years
CoreLogic News | June 2021: Loan Modifications Affect the Mortgage Ecosystem
We understand circumstances and available cash flow priorities change. And we realize you may find yourself unable to make mortgage payments each month and service other secured & unsecured debt along with normal living expenses. That’s why we’re here—to help you through difficult times particularly those created by the COVID Pandemic.
POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE EQUITY?
Many if not MOST of upcoming foreclosures will be on properties that have POSITIVE equity. In these situations, I will quickly assess your situation by assessing:
- your most recent mortgage statement/s,
- a copy of your promissory note/s,
- a summary explanation of any communications with your lender/s,
- any and all written communications / letters from your lender/s,
- a copy of your most recent credit report,
- a COMPLETED copy of this mortgage assistance form.
Upon receipt of the foregoing, I will quickly review and provide legal and tax and practical advice on how you should proceed whether it is 1/ to sell your residence OR 2/ approach your lender in an effort to negotiate a loan modification of some sort.
What’s at risk if you don’t act?
- Potential severe legal & tax liability exposure.
- Untimely forced move from your property.
I will fully explain your options in order to define and mitigate any liability exposures. Together, we will set and act on practical strategies. With 30+ years expertise in these matters, my representations are tried & tested. They serve as the foundation for informed decision making.
CURRENT STATUS OF FORECLOSURES and MORITORIUMS
In short, the most recent information is that Bank of America and Chase could restart mortgage foreclosures as early as July 2021, but Wells Fargo is waiting until 2022. Most recently, CDC has extended both evictions AND FORECLOSURES until the end of JULY 2021. More HERE.
About 2.1 million homeowners are still in forbearance plans that suspend their mortgage payments, according to Mortgage Bankers Association’s latest data. And about 1.8 million families are not in forbearance, but are already at least 90 days delinquent on paying their mortgages as of April, according to the latest data from Black Knight, which monitors mortgage data. READ: Loan Modifications Affect the Mortgage Ecosystem
For now, many are protected from eviction through a foreclosure moratorium on federally backed loans.
But those protections are running short on time. President Joe Biden extended the federal foreclosure moratorium earlier this year, but that will expire on June 30, 2021. Many of the forbearance programs on federally backed loans are set to lapse this fall.
If you’re having trouble paying your mortgage, you have OPTIONS:
- You have QUESTIONS. You have OPTIONS. We have ANSWERS.
- I will quickly help you embrace options so you can take decisive action.
- We deliver SOLUTIONS.
- CALL. The sooner you act, the more options you will have going forward!
Keep Options ..
- Loan Modification,
- Reinstatement / Cure.
- Standard Sale,
- Short Sale,
- Deed in Lieu,
All communications and documentation provided is Confidential Attorney-Client Work Product. These documents allow me to carefully and fully assess your situation in order to discuss realistic options.
- Last 2 mortgage statements bearing FULL LOAN NUMBER
- Lender demand payoff for ALL loans : these confirm what’s currently owed
- Promissory Note/s : these confirm who is legally responsible
- Loan Disclosures : these confirm what you told lender or it told you
- Essentially, the thick packet of docs given to you when the loan/s was/were funded
Income • Cash Flow • Hardship
- Financial Statement / Cash Flow RMA »
- RMA Hardship Affidavit Blank + Hardship Supp Page »
- If self-employed, please also provide a YTD Profit Loss Statement »
- Pay stubs, last 45 days, ALL borrowers (if W-2 employee)
- If unemployed, letter signed / dated stating when work stopped & why + (if applicable) unemployment benefits statement
Bank Deposits • Tax Reporting
- Last 2 Bank Statements » ALL pages / everything
- Recent Federal Tax Returns – 2018 + 2019 (+ 2019 when available)
- W-2’s, ALL schedules + Form 4506-T
- If not filed, provide Electronic Extension for each year
- I do NOT need State tax returns
- Most recent HOA Dues Statement : if applicable
- The cornerstone of my approach is to help you make informed decisions.
- I will explain, in plain English, the legal / tax / real estate / practical impacts of available options.
You MUST TAKE ACTION.
- Do NOT ignore your lender and the letters you receive from them!
- My approach involves you in each/every step of the chosen strategy.
- No matter what option is recommended, there is a good deal of work to be done.
- Time is of the essence.
- If you don’t take action, or refuse to do so, the lender will simply take over & divest you of ownership & possession.
- Doing nothing will worsen the affects on your FICO score and you may be exposed to more significant legal and tax liability.
COLLATERAL BENEFITS. When a property is sold, we address and resolve these following other concerns that may affect title:
- Tax Liens (i.e., Federal, State, EDD, etc.)
- Judgment (‘Abstract’) Liens
- HOA Arrearages
- Attorney Realtor RFA-11 and Client Representation Agreement » Look Here